Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Francis Lau <fr...@smartsheet.com> on 2015/07/29 01:00:27 UTC

Anybody has Zeppelin working against AWS EMR 4.0?

Anyone has Zeppelin working against AWS EMR 4.0 with Spark?

The 4.0 version of EMR was just released last week:
http://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2015/07/amazon-emr-release-4-0-0-with-new-versions-of-apache-hadoop-hive-and-spark-now-available/

I found this bootstrap and I got a new cluster up and running without
errors: https://gist.github.com/andershammar/224e1077021d0ea376dd#comments

But the Zepp UI shows the "disconnected" red label and I also cannot create
a new notebook.

I am very new to Zeppelin so it may be a rookie issue :) i.e. configs or
connections.

Help?

--
*Francis *

Re: Anybody has Zeppelin working against AWS EMR 4.0?

Posted by Ranjit Manuel <ra...@gmail.com>.
Couple of things to check

1. Websocket port is available
2. Check logs for any errors
3.  Web browser you are using..this happened with me and found that it
works only with Mozilla Firefox

Posted by Francis Lau <fr...@smartsheet.com>.
Thanks Alexander.  I will try this tomorrow morning and report back.

Francis

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.
HI Francis,