Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/02/01 16:56:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Pulsar Security Policy and Supported Versions

Hi Pulsar Community,

I created a PR [0] to add a "Security Policy and Supported Versions"
page to our website. The policy is based on my understanding of PIP 47
and a dev mailing list thread from June 2021 [1].

Adding this page to our Pulsar website will give users a concrete
definition for how the Pulsar community handles security
vulnerabilities as well as which versions can expect security patches.

As the project evolves, we'll need to update this page. I am happy to
help do that. For example, if 2.7 becomes LTS, the page should be
updated to say so. I'll also update the release process so that
release managers for new minor versions know to update the website.

Please review the PR, if you're interested.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/10829
[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/2bgznyt9fxnosymprot4wyfd01mv0m58