Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2019/01/30 15:58:56 UTC

YAML Support Timeline?

Hey Folks

I’m just getting starting on a new project and we’re evaluating Apache Juneau as part of the proposed architecture for our marshalling layer (and potentially also for the REST layer).  We want to use YAML for human readability but serialize to JSON on the wire.  We’ve done some early tests with the JSON marshalling and it works nice and seamlessly.  However I notice that in the documentation it lists YAML support as Coming Soon, anybody know what the timeline on that might be?

Cheers,

Rob

Re: YAML Support Timeline?

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@gmail.com>.
The prototype work was removed in 8.0.  It was essentially just a
clone of the JSON classes as a starting point and didn't get much
farther.  In the mean time the JSON classes were being modified which
make the YAML classes hard to keep in sync.

Since YAML is so similar to JSON, the work is pretty much cloning and
modifying the JSON package.  That sounds easier than it is since the
JSON parser uses a state machine that will probably have to be
rewritten.

I'll see if I can get it restarted this weekend.  Help would be appreciated!

Re: YAML Support Timeline?

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
That's useful to know

Re: YAML Support Timeline?