Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 03:16:32 UTC

estimating log.retention.bytes

Hi,

Please help me understand how one should estimate upper limit for
log.retention.bytes in this situation.

Let's say kafka cluster has 3 machines (broker per machine) with 15TB disk
space per machine.
Cluster will have one topic with 30 partitions and replication factor 2.

My thinking is:
with replication, I'll have 60 'partitions' spread across 3 machines hence
20 per machine.
Max space I can allocate per partition is 15TB/20 = 768GB per partition.

Am I on the right track?

Andrey Yegorov

Re: estimating log.retention.bytes

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.