Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/04 17:52:52 UTC

copyFromLocal

guys i have hadoop installled in a remote box ... does copyFromLocal method
copies data from tht local box only wht if i have to copy data from uses
desktop pc(for example E drive) thru my my web application will i have to
first copy data to tht remote box using some java code then use
copyFromLocal method to copy in to hadoop....

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Here is the information for webhdfs rest call that should allow you to
upload a file:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.3/webhdfs.html#CREATE

HTH

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sadak

If you are issuing copyFromLocal from a client/edge node you can copy the files available in the client's lfs to hdfs in cluster. The client/edge node could be a box that has all the hadoop jars and config files exactly same as that of the cluster and the cluster nodes should be accessible from this client.

Regards
Bejoy KS

guys i have hadoop installled in a remote box ... does copyFromLocal method copies data from tht local box only wht if i have to copy data from uses desktop pc(for example E drive) thru my my web application will i have to first copy data to tht remote box using some java code then use copyFromLocal method to copy in to hadoop....

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel

Re: copyFromLocal

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sadak

Re: copyFromLocal