Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Warren Lewis <Wa...@sas.com> on 2005/11/01 17:17:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Roadmap/Timeline for release of Apache 2.1/2.2?

Hi folks,

  Has anyone seen a roadmap or release date schedule for Apache2.1/2.2?
It has features that will become production(particularly mod_cache) that I would
like to take advantage of in a production environment? So for future development
I am trying to make some decisions on if we can expect to be able to use the
latest greatest Apache or not.

thanks - Warren

Re: [users@httpd] Roadmap/Timeline for release of Apache 2.1/2.2?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/05, Warren Lewis <Wa...@sas.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>   Has anyone seen a roadmap or release date schedule for Apache2.1/2.2?
> It has features that will become production(particularly mod_cache) that I would
> like to take advantage of in a production environment? So for future development
> I am trying to make some decisions on if we can expect to be able to use the
> latest greatest Apache or not.

The developers generally don't use such timelines.  The release
happens when the developers agree that it is ready.

But if I had to guess, I would say there is a very good chance of
seeing a 2.2 release before the end of the year.

In addition, the beta releases tend to be of very high quality.  If
you do enough local testing, I wouldn't have any problem running the
latest 2.1 in a production environment.

Joshua.