Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2022/02/01 19:43:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release cordova-osx platform 6.0.1

Hi all,

I just merged a PR [1] that makes the OSX platform work on M1 Macs,
because some people need it. The platform hasn't seen much activity but
I step up to fix up the version number in master and do a small patch
release if nobody objects.

With a release we could make a small userbase happy and use the
announcement blog post to ask them to try out Catalyst with cordova-ios.

I remember we had discussions to deprecate the platform as we focus our
resouces on Android and iOS and Catalyst which let's you run iOS apps on
macOS [2]. But I remember no formal decission to deprecate it so far.
Maybe we get some feedback to finally make the decission.

What do you think?

Regards
Niklas

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-osx/pull/105
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/lqq2xoy3pjqcyl052gv0qom2f31zgg8k

Re: [DISCUSS] Release cordova-osx platform 6.0.1

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.
Thanks all. I think I will do short tests with the OSX platform and then
do a patch release.

In the announcement post I would mention cordova-ios with Catalys or the
Electron platforms as alternatives.

Posted by pieter van poyer <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.