Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Slava Zimine <sl...@japgod.mine.nu> on 2002/04/03 22:31:25 UTC

problem to access newapp with Explorer/Opera

Hi.

I'd like to ask if anybody else has experienced this problem:

accessing  with linux netscape 6
http://127.0.0.1:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp  (which turns on linux)

poses no problem.

Trying to access it with Explorer5/W2k on the same Lan  takes very long
time with a message like
Website found, waiting for the reply
opening page http://192.168.1.2/newapp/servlet/newapp

The page can be accessed if I click in the url adress field  and hit
Enter

The tdm logo  is not loaded.

In Linux Opera 5 opening the newapp also hangs. The page loads like with
Explorer, when the URL field is hit with Enter.

in linux netscape 6, none of these problems exist.

Anybody has seen it?
if yes, what is the remedy to fix explorer problem?

regards,
Slava

tdk2.2.b1
newapp default application
OS linux 2.4.4
j2sdk1.4

tested it with tomcat-4.0.4b1 in tdk2.2.b1
and with tomcat-4.0.4b2

Re: problem to access newapp with Explorer/Opera

Posted by Ben Peter <bp...@zentropypartners.com>.
Hi,

you probably need to install the loopback network adapter. By default there is
no loopback interface available on Win2K as far as I know.

Ben

Slava Zimine wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to ask if anybody else has experienced this problem:
>

> accessing  with linux netscape 6
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp  (which turns on linux)
>
> poses no problem.
>

> Trying to access it with Explorer5/W2k on the same Lan  takes very long
> time with a message like
> Website found, waiting for the reply
> opening page http://192.168.1.2/newapp/servlet/newapp
>
> The page can be accessed if I click in the url adress field  and hit
> Enter
>
> The tdm logo  is not loaded.
>

> In Linux Opera 5 opening the newapp also hangs. The page loads like with
> Explorer, when the URL field is hit with Enter.
>

> in linux netscape 6, none of these problems exist.
>

> Anybody has seen it?
> if yes, what is the remedy to fix explorer problem?
>

> regards,
> Slava
>
> tdk2.2.b1
> newapp default application
> OS linux 2.4.4
> j2sdk1.4
>
> tested it with tomcat-4.0.4b1 in tdk2.2.b1
> and with tomcat-4.0.4b2

Benjamin Peter                                          +49-69-96244395
Application Engineer                             Moerfelder Landstr. 55
(zentropy:partners)                            60598 Frankfurt, Germany