Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com> on 2005/09/01 21:05:49 UTC

Chainsaw IRC client?

I know it sounds crazy, but it is pretty handy, and it's another example
of how to write your own receiver:

http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/ChainsawHelp

Scott

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Sep 1, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> I know it sounds crazy, but it is pretty handy, and it's another
> example
> of how to write your own receiver:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/ChainsawHelp

Could you elaborate on scenarios where it is handy?  I'm not sure I
get it.

There seem to be several Apache licensed, but not ASF, Jabber
implementations in Java.  Would an Jabber equivalent be as useful?

There is a JCP proposal for an common instant messaging API, but
acceptance does not appear to be imminent.

RE: Chainsaw IRC client?

Posted by Mark Womack <wo...@adobe.com>.
Well, so long as my messages don't show up as level ERROR or FATAL.  :-)

-Mark