Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/25 17:24:55 UTC

Axis2 1.6 release

hi all,

It is almost an year from Axis2 1.5 release. so time to 1.6 !!!

Currently Axis2 depends on the following SNAPSHOT releases. but we need to
go for the
official releases for Axis2 1.6.

1. Axiom - Andreas has volunteered to do the 1.2.9
2. Woden - Saranga has volunteered to do the 1.0 (Can some one please sign
the artefacts?)

3. Neethi - currently it depends on the 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. I am not sure
whether it is possible to do a quick 3.0.0 release since it
is a major release. But I think can use the 2.0.4

4. xml schema - current version is 1.4.6-SNAPSHOT. Can someone please do the
1.4.6 release?

5. geronimo.spec.jaxws - currently it depends on  1.0-SNAPSHOT. but this
commit suggest it was at 1.0 and moved to 1.0-SNAPSHOT. Can we revert this
change?

For Axis2 we need to check all the samples and have to fix issues as much as
possible. So lets try to fix possible issues within next
3-4 weeks time and cut the branch.

thougths?

thanks,
Amila.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/axis/axis2/java/core/trunk/modules/parent/pom.xml?r1=922941&r2=934847

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:26:49 +0530, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release
> out
> >> the
> >> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend
> some
> >> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?
> >
> > Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?
>
> Plus probably a few other recent fixes if we can merge them in quickly.

we can do a quick release if it is ok to do a release with only security fix
plus the admin console gui issue.

For fixes in the trunk I think better to do an Axis2 1.6 release rather can
merging them back to branch.

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:26:49 +0530, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release
> out
> >> the
> >> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend
> some
> >> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?
> >
> > Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?
>
> Plus probably a few other recent fixes if we can merge them in quickly.

we can do a quick release if it is ok to do a release with only security fix
plus the admin console gui issue.

For fixes in the trunk I think better to do an Axis2 1.6 release rather can
merging them back to branch.

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:26:49 +0530, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release
> out
> >> the
> >> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend
> some
> >> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?
> >
> > Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?
>
> Plus probably a few other recent fixes if we can merge them in quickly.

we can do a quick release if it is ok to do a release with only security fix
plus the admin console gui issue.

For fixes in the trunk I think better to do an Axis2 1.6 release rather can
merging them back to branch.

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:26:49 +0530, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release
> out
> >> the
> >> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend
> some
> >> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?
> >
> > Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?
>
> Plus probably a few other recent fixes if we can merge them in quickly.

we can do a quick release if it is ok to do a release with only security fix
plus the admin console gui issue.

For fixes in the trunk I think better to do an Axis2 1.6 release rather can
merging them back to branch.

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:26:49 +0530, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release
> out
> >> the
> >> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend
> some
> >> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?
> >
> > Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?
>
> Plus probably a few other recent fixes if we can merge them in quickly.

we can do a quick release if it is ok to do a release with only security fix
plus the admin console gui issue.

For fixes in the trunk I think better to do an Axis2 1.6 release rather can
merging them back to branch.

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Axis2 1.6 release

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Hi Amila, all:
>
> I think it's really important that we get a 1.5.2 maintenance release out
> the
> door (see recent conversation on the PMC list).  Can we please spend some
> energy on that before we get the 1.6 train rolling?

Does Axis2 1.5.2 mean Axis2 1.5.1 + security fix?

thanks,
Amila.

> --Glen
>
> On 4/25/2010 11:24 AM, Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > It is almost an year from Axis2 1.5 release. so time to 1.6 !!!
> >
> > Currently Axis2 depends on the following SNAPSHOT releases. but we need
> > to go for the
> > official releases for Axis2 1.6.
> >
> > 1. Axiom - Andreas has volunteered to do the 1.2.9
> > 2. Woden - Saranga has volunteered to do the 1.0 (Can some one please
> > sign the artefacts?)
> >
> > 3. Neethi - currently it depends on the 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. I am not sure
> > whether it is possible to do a quick 3.0.0 release since it
> > is a major release. But I think can use the 2.0.4
> >
> > 4. xml schema - current version is 1.4.6-SNAPSHOT. Can someone please do
> > the 1.4.6 release?
> >
> > 5. geronimo.spec.jaxws - currently it depends on  1.0-SNAPSHOT. but this
> > commit suggest it was at 1.0 and moved to 1.0-SNAPSHOT. Can we revert
> > this change?
> >
> > For Axis2 we need to check all the samples and have to fix issues as
> > much as possible. So lets try to fix possible issues within next
> > 3-4 weeks time and cut the branch.
> >
> > thougths?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Amila.