Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Christopher J. Campbell" <Ch...@AssetSmart.com> on 2004/11/18 01:57:46 UTC

1.3 welcome (/axis) page parse error with expat 1.95.8

Hi,

I'm an Axis newbie, and just configured 1.3 from the Windows binaries
under WinXPSP2 with Apache 1.3.22 (the version bundled with Oracle
9.2.0.5).

I'm using Expat 1.95.8 and get the following when attempting to bring up
http://localhost/axis

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://localhost/axis
Line Number 1, Column 335:

The parser is pointing to a border=0 attribute within a <table> tag.  I
believe the 0 value needs to be quoted.

Has anybody run across this issue before and is there a fix or
configuration workaround for binary distribution users?

I'll try Xerces right now to see if it behaves differently.

Thanks much,
ChrisC