Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2005/09/12 17:05:16 UTC

changing the table column renderer

I working with the table component and I was really suprised with
something. The SimpleTableColumnComponent has the following it it's
template:

align="center"/></td></span>

meaning that for every column header it creates a table(!?). Is there a
reason for this? I'm writing all xhtml with heavy css use so this gets
in the way pretty severely. What are my options as far being able to
change this renderer so it doesn't generate this stuff? Thanks. :)

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: changing the table column renderer

Posted by Drew McAuliffe <dr...@gmail.com>.
The biggest problem I have with the current renderer is that it uses
"align=center" and there's no way that CSS can override that, that I've
seen. So you always have centered column headers, which in most cases looks
extremely odd when the rest of the contents are left-aligned.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, my co-worker noticed that too. Seems a little extraneous. You are
always free to change either the whole thing or only part of it. The
TableView component lets you switch out each individual component that it
uses for rendering. Like the table column guy.