Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/05/19 18:40:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r407769 - /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-deploy-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/deploy/DeployFileMojo.java

aramirez@apache.org wrote:
>      /**
> +     * Description passed to a generated POM file (in case of generatePom=true)
> +     *
> +     * @parameter expression="${generatePom.description}"
> +     */
> +    private String description = "POM was created from deploy:deploy-file";

Wouldn't ${description} be more consistent?

I don't think there should be a default (and besides, defaults should be
in default-value).

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.

Kenney Westerhof wrote:

>On Fri, 19 May 2006, Brett Porter wrote:
>

>>aramirez@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>     /**
>>>+     * Description passed to a generated POM file (in case of generatePom=true)
>>>+     *
>>>+     * @parameter expression="${generatePom.description}"
>>>+     */
>>>+    private String description = "POM was created from deploy:deploy-file";
>>>

>>Wouldn't ${description} be more consistent?
>>

>If it's a <configuration> element, yes; if it's specified on the
>commandline then I'm in favor of prefixing property names with something
>so you can call multiple goals at once without risking overlapping.
>Although in this case the goal would probably always be the only one
>specified at the command line.

I agree with Kenney for the property name. Im going to leave it as is.

>>I don't think there should be a default (and besides, defaults should be
>>in default-value).
>>

>True.

     Yeah, You're both right. I'll change it right away. Thanks

-allan

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 19 May 2006, Brett Porter wrote:

> aramirez@apache.org wrote:
> >      /**
> > +     * Description passed to a generated POM file (in case of generatePom=true)
> > +     *
> > +     * @parameter expression="${generatePom.description}"
> > +     */
> > +    private String description = "POM was created from deploy:deploy-file";
>
> Wouldn't ${description} be more consistent?

If it's a <configuration> element, yes; if it's specified on the
commandline then I'm in favor of prefixing property names with something
so you can call multiple goals at once without risking overlapping.
Although in this case the goal would probably always be the only one
specified at the command line.

> I don't think there should be a default (and besides, defaults should be
> in default-value).

True.

-- Kenney