Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "NAIK,ROSHAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ro...@hp.com> on 2003/04/04 21:37:29 UTC

Problem in tomcat's admin application (struts not working ?)

I am using Tomcat 4.1 (java 1.3) and the the its admin application(which
uses struts) doesnt seem to
work.

1) Click on Tomcat Server -> Sercive(Tomcat-Standalone)
2) From the "Available Actions"  on the right side pick something ..say
"Create new logger"
3) Fill in the fileds if you like or directly click on the "Save"
button.

Following error is displayed on the screen.....

HTTP Status 404 - /admin/SaveLogger
----

type Status report
message /admin/SaveLogger
description The requested resource (/admin/SaveLogger) is not available.

----

Apache Tomcat/4.1

Pretty much most aspects of the admin application seems to be giving
this error.

I tried digging deeper and did notice that web.xml for admin does has
the following entries
linking it to struts-config.xml

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.webapp.admin.ApplicationServlet
</servlet-class>
      <init-param>
         <param-name>config</param-name>
     </init-param>
</servlet>

And  struts-config.xml has the following entries....

<action-mappings>
    <action    path="/SaveLogger"
               type="org.apache.webapp.admin.logger.SaveLoggerAction"
               name="loggerForm"
               input="/logger/logger.jsp"
               scope="session"
    / >
</action-mappings>

This seems all good to me...then whats going wrong ?
These action mappings simply dont seem to take effect !!

--Roshan