Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Gray, Richard" <ri...@dns.co.uk> on 2005/02/08 11:49:36 UTC

Upgrading to 3.0

Apologies for asking this if the answer is obvious, but I couldn't see
it anywhere in the wiki

we currently use 2.64

What are the reasons for upgrading to 3.0?

TIA

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity@dns.co.uk

Re: Upgrading to 3.0

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Certainly better spam catching if you aren't using addon rules.
Probably better spam catching if you are.
Gives you a chance to tell your boss you need to upgrade all the email servers to 3GHz/4GB, and thus you need a pay raise!
Version is supported.

Basically, 2.64 is now old and dead, and won't be getting any new bug fixes.  After a while we will stop adding new SARE rules for 2.64, because it will be too much work to maintain them.  At the moment I personally consider it a tossup as to using 2.64 or 3.0.2 (and I'm still running 2.64) but that will change with time.  Probably you should plan on being on 3.x within the next 4 months or so, would be my recommendation.

        Loren