Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/13 08:23:38 UTC

tapernate for maven ignorants?

Ok I tried to download tapernate from the svn repository. I have the maven
eclipse plugin installed but other than that I don't know anything about
maven (shame on me).
The eclipse plugin did download a bunch of stuff but then insulted me and
asked to manually download some file and to type some long command lines.
Then I give up on the source version and I found out on James website some
binaries.
To what I understand it seems to depend on hivemind-hibernate? I was looking
for the sessionfactory definition in the hivemodule.xml but it seems it
belongs to a hivemind extension?
Where can I find that?

Thanks,

Henri.

Re: tapernate for maven ignorants?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'd say you should add it to your own pom to make it automatic, but that's
me. I haven't been using maven2 for long enough to know what the overall
preference is, but do generally like the idea of more things working "out of
the box". (at least it's what I prefer personally)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.
| James is doing a great job, the only small thing missing for tapernate are
| IMO a home page with straightforward links for jars.

+1 from me for both points ;)

Andreas

Re: tapernate for maven ignorants?

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmmmmm... Sounds like a major usability issue. Maven in general is very
> easy to use, so if dependency resolution isn't happening right something
> is
> potentially broken or not documented properly?

I wouldn't really agree on this one... Maven is IMO not that easy to use.
I believe the two jars required are for hibernate, and they are probably not
available in Maven repositories because of legal issues (one of them was
jta.jar and I can't remember the other one).
And things are properly documented, the error messages were very clear but I
don't have the maven command line version installed so it makes the process
quite cumbersome. I just don't like having command line tools to build
projects because most of the time, this means that you need to configure the
command line tools + the eclipse project.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
The easiest way to get tapernate up and running is to download his war file
example.  Un-jar it and then just pull out all the jar files in
WEB-INF/lib/  That way you will have all dependencies needed.

~chris

On 6/13/06, Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de> wrote:

> On 13. Jun 2006 - 08:55:34, Andreas Bulling wrote:
> | Here you can find the hivermind-hibernate3 stuff:
> | http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-hibernate3
> |
> | You also need
> | http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-transaction
> | and
> | http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-utils
>
> Login/Passwort: anonymous/anon
>
> Andreas

~chris

Re: tapernate for maven ignorants?

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.
On 13. Jun 2006 - 02:23:38, Henri Dupre wrote:
| Ok I tried to download tapernate from the svn repository. I have the maven
| eclipse plugin installed but other than that I don't know anything about
| maven (shame on me).
| The eclipse plugin did download a bunch of stuff but then insulted me and
| asked to manually download some file and to type some long command lines.
| Then I give up on the source version and I found out on James website some
| binaries.
| To what I understand it seems to depend on hivemind-hibernate? I was looking
| for the sessionfactory definition in the hivemodule.xml but it seems it
| belongs to a hivemind extension?
| Where can I find that?

My request to James was to release the different jars seperately - for all the
people who don't want to/can't use maven (including me). ;-)
That would be a lot easier than the download nightmare you and me have
gone through.

Perhaps we can start a vote for it here?! One +1 from me already... *g

Here you can find the hivermind-hibernate3 stuff:
http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-hibernate3

You also need
http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-transaction
and