Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Sunil Kumar Ray <Su...@divine.com> on 2003/06/04 10:04:03 UTC

xml-security build on Solaris 2.7 with Workshop C++ 5 compiler

Hi,

Can we build the Xml-Security 0.20 on Solaris 2.7
with Sun Workshop C++ 5 compiler. Has anybody tried this.

I am planning to build on above platform.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sunil

Re: xml-security build on Solaris 2.7 with Workshop C++ 5 compiler

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Sunil,

The canonicalisation is performed within the security library -
DSIGTransformC14n handles the DOM loading and writing and
XSECC14n20010315 supports the actual canonicalisation function.

If you want to use the canonicaliser directly, have a look at :

http://xml.apache.org/security/c/apiDocs/classXSECC14n20010315.html

You will also need to look at :

http://xml.apache.org/security/c/apiDocs/classXSECNameSpaceExpander.html

as the library needs to have a version of the document with namespace
nodes propogated explicitly right through.

As an aside, I have been doing some work on Forte 5.0 (I think workshop
5 is Forte 6.0?).  I almost have a clean compile, other than some
warnings when Xalan is linked in.  As soon as I have it (hopefully by
end of the weekend), I'll check it in to the CVS.  Might help a bit.

Cheers,
	Berin

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Sunil,

It's puzzling that it is only missing 2 references from Xalan - there
are a lot more that should be missing as well.

If this is straight CC v 5.0 then I believe there were some issues with
the template libraries - that _might_ cause the problems - I've really
only tested on CC 5.4.  (All I have access to.)

You might want to run configure with the --without-xalan flag to see if
you can get it to compile in the simplest configuration and then work
from there.

Good luck!

Cheers,
	Berin