Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com> on 2015/05/01 05:37:41 UTC

Update: checkstyle, shellcheck, and whitespace tests

Hey gang.

	With the commit of HADOOP-11866, the output for checkstyle and whitespace has been greatly enhanced to actually be useful now.  Instead of getting weird output, you'll see the file, the line number and (in the case of checkstyle) error.  Note that line numbers are after the patch applied. So any fuzzing done by patch will offset the line numbers if your source tree isn't up to date.

	Shellcheck output has also been fixed to show errors that might have been missed before.  Additionally, I've filed an INFRA ticket to try to get shellcheck installed on the Jenkins nodes so that we can start seeing errors from it as well.

	Thanks.