Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/13 11:48:36 UTC

UIMA Addons release plan - take 2

Hi all,
I had a look at Jira and it seems to me that the only issue still open
regarding the 2.3.1 Addons release is UIMA-2066 [1], that still needs some
tweak to check "coveredText" mappings (need to handle it different from the
others as it's not a proper feature like begin, end, etc.).

Another thing I noticed is that when I try to create the distribution
package with the "mvn package -Papache-release" the resulting archive(s) are
empty but the LICENSE/NOTICE/README files, that needs to be fixed inside the
POM.

Do anyone see other issues which can block the release?

Best regards,
Tommaso

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2066

Re: UIMA Addons release plan - take 2

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2011/3/14 Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>

> I'm sure the distr package needs a rework - it hasn't been updated since
> the new
> "better alignment with Maven" approach was done, I think.
>
> If you want, I can take a look.

Thanks Marshall, I'm having a look myself, will ping here if I need help :)

> > Do anyone see other issues which can block the release?
>
> I don't think there are any blocking issues - if some component isn't
> working,
> it could always be left out of the release - but I think that's unlikely
> for the
> previously released ones.

Ok, good.
Cheers,
Tommaso

Re: UIMA Addons release plan - take 2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 3/13/2011 6:48 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> I had a look at Jira and it seems to me that the only issue still open
> regarding the 2.3.1 Addons release is UIMA-2066 [1], that still needs some
> tweak to check "coveredText" mappings (need to handle it different from the
> others as it's not a proper feature like begin, end, etc.).
>
> Another thing I noticed is that when I try to create the distribution
> package with the "mvn package -Papache-release" the resulting archive(s) are
> empty but the LICENSE/NOTICE/README files, that needs to be fixed inside the
> POM.

I'm sure the distr package needs a rework - it hasn't been updated since the new
"better alignment with Maven" approach was done, I think.

If you want, I can take a look.

> Do anyone see other issues which can block the release?

I don't think there are any blocking issues - if some component isn't working,
it could always be left out of the release - but I think that's unlikely for the
previously released ones.

-Marshall