Posted to users@camel.apache.org by valivets <sa...@barclays.com> on 2012/06/21 20:10:24 UTC

Fetching metadata from Camel JDBC Component

Hi all..
I am using camel jdbc component to run a query and get a resultset. I need
the column names in a separate list. Currently I am fetching the column
names manually from the list of maps returned. Is there a better way to do
this? Is there a way to get the metadata separately?

Re: Fetching metadata from Camel JDBC Component

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
> feel free to log a JIRA and work on a patch

Jira ticket [1] for the issue created. @Valivets, do you want to work
on this or should I implement the patch?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5383

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: Fetching metadata from Camel JDBC Component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM, valivets <sa...@barclays.com> wrote:
> Hi all..
> I am using camel jdbc component to run a query and get a resultset. I need
> the column names in a separate list. Currently I am fetching the column
> names manually from the list of maps returned. Is there a better way to do
> this? Is there a way to get the metadata separately?

No

Where would you have that meta data, returned in a special header as well?
And a List<String> with the column names?

CamelJdbcColumnNames : List<String>

As we love contributions, then feel free to log a JIRA and work on a patch

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com