Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/08 15:45:54 UTC

reporting plugin dependency question

Hi!

I'm currently enabling the checkstyle plugin for the OpenWebBeans build and stumbled over an interesting problem:

I'd like to define the openwebbeans_checks.xml in an own artifact for being used in different modules. My first idea was to simply define the checkstyle plugin in the reporting section kind of:

<reporting>
 <plugins>
   <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>2.2</version>
     <configuration>
       <configLocation>default/openwebbeans_checks.xml</configLocation>
     </configuration>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.openwebbeans</groupId>
         <artifactId>checkstyle</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </plugin>
</reporting>

But there is no way to specify dependencies for a reporting plugin, isn't it? Is this intended?

The only thing I could do is to also specify the plugin with its dependency in the <build><pluginManagement> section, but that's not really handsome.

WDYT? Should I create a Jira?

LieGrue,
strub

RE: reporting plugin dependency question

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
And I apologies for obviously searching not good enough in Jira - so thank you for finding the bug for me :)

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.