Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Melo_Rick <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/06 21:33:25 UTC

Axis2 archive problems ojdbc14.jar

I upgraded to Axis2 1.2, and now for some reason I get this oracle error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class Not found :
oracle.xdb.XMLTypeFactory

This seems to be related with the ojdbc14.jar file because when I copy this
file into tomcat shared/lib everything works as before... what I dont
understand is that this file is inside my aar file and I have not changed my
deployment build script. Here's what's inside my aar.

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/MobileServicesImpl.wsdl
META-INF/services.xml
lib/
lib/client.jar
lib/highdealservices.jar
lib/ojdbc14.jar

Do you have any idea ? I'm using tomcat 5.5.23 and java 1.4.2_13 with Axis2
1.2

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

Re: Axis2 archive problems ojdbc14.jar

Posted by Chad DeBauch <cd...@gmail.com>.
It is a ClassLoader issue.  Whatever is calling that class is looking in the
context ClassLoader not the aar files ClassLoader.  That is why it works
when you put it in the Tomcat shared/lib directory.  Unless you are needing
to run different versions of that jar on Tomcat, I don't see it as a problem
putting it in the Tomcat shared/lib directory.

Chad