Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markose Mathews <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/22 14:31:41 UTC

Newbi. How to install log4j ?

Hello,

How to install log4j for a virtual host?
I am running tomcat.5.0.x + apache + jk connector?
I am an absolute newbie . can`t understand the documentation
as i`m not a programer. any help will be appreciated?

Re: Newbi. How to install log4j ?

Posted by Markose Mathews <ma...@gmail.com>.
I`ve tried the following steps:

1. Download the log4j distribution from
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/download.html.

2. Extract the archived files to some suitable directory.

3. Add the file dist/lib/log4j-1.2.6.jar to your CLASSPATH environment variable.

4. Download http://apache.rmplc.co.uk/dist/xml/xerces-j/Xerces-J-bin.2.6.0.zip
and unzip it to a temporary directory. Copy the files xercesImpl.jar
and xmlParserAPIs.jar to some permanent location and append their
paths to the CLASSPATH environment variable.