Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Holger Dewes <h....@insiders.de> on 2003/11/18 18:48:25 UTC

Two questions concerning security

Hello,

I started playing around with security and two questions popped up.

1) I'm using role-merging profiler with role-fallback, i.e. the PSML of
the user's role(s) is/are merged into the new user's PSML. Fine so far,
but it seems that security references are not copied, which is bad
because I don't want the users to be able to customize the root pane.
How can I achieve that?

2) According to the tutorial, only users with admin role can change the
security reference of panes, portlets etc. But it seems that _all_ users
who may customize an element may also change the security reference. How
can I disable this without disabling customization completely?

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Holger Dewes

Re: Two questions concerning security

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Holger Dewes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started playing around with security and two questions popped up.
>
> 1) I'm using role-merging profiler with role-fallback, i.e. the PSML of
> the user's role(s) is/are merged into the new user's PSML. Fine so far,
> but it seems that security references are not copied, which is bad
> because I don't want the users to be able to customize the root pane.
> How can I achieve that?

That seems like a bug IMO

> 2) According to the tutorial, only users with admin role can change the
> security reference of panes, portlets etc. But it seems that _all_
> users
> who may customize an element may also change the security reference.
> How
> can I disable this without disabling customization completely?

Looks like the drop down isn't optional. See customizer-portlet.vm
Recommend making a feature request in Bugzilla and implementing it,
send a patch