Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Harbarth, Juliane" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2006/07/22 13:48:02 UTC

Installing Axis2

Hi,

I installed Axis2 below Tomcat using the WAR (Web Archive) Distribution
as
described in the Apache Axis2 Installation Guide. The installation seems
ok
since I am able to see the Axis2 Web Application Home Page.

My first idea was to call the version service and therefore I wanted to
generate client stubs using the WSDL2Java Tool as described in the
User's Guide.
However, I can't find it. The User's Guide says it is
"located in the bin directory of the distribution" but there is no such
thing.

All I've got is an axis2 folder below 'webapps' below 'Tomcat 5.5'.
There is
something I am not getting. Please advise.

Regards,
Juliane.

Re: Installing Axis2

Posted by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juliane,

    You could download the axis2-std-1.0-bin or eclipse plugin for code
generation from the axis2 website.

Thanks,
Jiang

Re: Installing Axis2

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
The exact command syntax is

java org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java -uri:file://$AXIS2_HOME/src/modules/codegen/target/test-classes/PingService.wsdl

which will create 2 stub java classes located at:
BASE_FOLDER/org/xmlsoap/ping/PingServiceCallbackHandler.java
BASE_FOLDER/org/xmlsoap/ping/PingServiceStub.java

Viel Gluck,
Martin --