Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Tom Jerry <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 12:22:36 UTC

NiFi on Windows

What is the guidance regarding the best way to run Apache NiFi on
Windows.  Pre-Apache release used to have installation scripts for
installing NiFi as a service.  Now that the wrapper stuff has been
removed, what is recommended?

-Tom

RE: NiFi on Windows

Posted by Manish Gupta 8 <mg...@sapient.com>.
I am also running on windows and for status and stop script, I just created a copy of run file and changed the BOOTSTRAP_ACTION in it. It works fine.

Regards,
Manish

Posted by Tom Jerry <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

There also used to be a run-nifi.bat and stop-nifi.bat scripts, but they
are no longer in <installdir>/bin

The two files are still listed in the Admin Guide.

RE: NiFi on Windows

Posted by pr...@wipro.com.
Hi,

To run as a normal process on Windows, there is the bin\run-nifi.bat script. I use it on development machines. I have not tried running it as a Windows service.

Prajod

** This mail has been sent from an external source **