Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Ph. Marek" <ph...@bmlv.gv.at> on 2006/03/13 06:44:38 UTC

Feature request: changed svn_ra_get_file(), new svn_delta_action missing_bytes

Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask for another feature.
I'd need a function like svn_ra_get_file(), but which gets a list of (start,
length) range tuples, and returns only these bytes.
Depending on how these ranges are returned (callback would be ok, delta stream
too) a new svn_delta_action missing_bytes or similar might be necessary.

The need arises from fsvs. There I have no text-base, but I'd like to get
delta operations. So I do manber-hashing with some (big) blocksize (about
128kB), and remember the MD5 and manber-hash of the original blocks.
Now if the file changes locally, I'd do the manber-hashing again, know which
blocks have changed, and only submit them.

On update I'd query a property of the repository file, know which blocks I
already have locally, and only request the others.

We might use svn_txdelta_source for the "old" data, but that's not really the
meaning, if we just query for

Summarizing, this would allow for rsync-like operations against files in the
repository.

May I create an issue?

Thank you.

Regards,

Phil

Re: Feature request: Ignore this

Posted by "Ph. Marek" <ph...@bmlv.gv.at>.
Sorry, please ignore the parent mail.
I sent it errornously along with another email.

I have to think about that for some time.

Sorry,

Phil