Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2021/07/06 07:31:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache StreamPipes 0.68.0 (incubating) RC1 release

Hi,

Apache StreamPipes (incubating) 0.68.0 has been staged and it's time to vote
on accepting it for release.
If approved, we will seek final release approval from the IPMC. Voting will
be open for 72 hours.
A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1 are
required to pass, but everyone is welcome to vote!

Three artifacts are relevant for this vote:

incubator-streampipes, staged at [1], available in Nexus at [2], release
tag: release/0.68.0, hash for the release tag:
46859a0e7e9003186e82cc9b96068e83993bd3f0
incubator-streampipes-extensions, staged at [3], release tag:
release/0.68.0, hash for the release tag:
e387384a52470ab771e2f19c9e9347355b699e7e
incubator-streampipes-installer, staged at [4], release tag: release/0.68.0,
hash for the release tag: 1d6bc511debc83f63b78cf33f1bfc5efef2da0ce

Per [5] "Before voting +1, [P]PMC members are required to download the
signed source code package,
compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on their own
platform,
along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF
policy on releases."

A release validation guide is available at [6]. The KEYS file is available
at [7]

[ ] +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the checklist at
the end of [6])
[ ] -1 reject (explanation required)

Thanks for taking your time for validating this release!

Dominik

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streampipes/core/0.68.0/rc1
[2]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreampipes-1012
[3]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streampipes/extensions/0.68
.0/rc1
[4]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streampipes/installer/0.68.
0/rc1
[5] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[6]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Validating+a+release
[7] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streampipes/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Apache StreamPipes 0.68.0 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (binding) Christofer Dutz

(Please also carry over my mentor vote to the incubator list when
starting the vote there)

This vote applies to all 3 release-artifacts

I only found some very minor issues. None of which would prevent the
release (The most severe ones only happen during the release validation
phase and will disappear after the release is out the door)

Here comes my detailed log:

## Incubator Streampipes

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the
release vote email.
[MINOR] Verify the signature is correct.
	[OK] Check if the check is successful.
	[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.

[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
[OK] Unzip the archive.
[OK] Verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README,
RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
	[OK] DISCLAIMER: Standard Disclaimer -> Strict license checking
	[OK] LICENSE:
		- Couldn't find the svg sources in the github repo
	[OK] NOTICE
	[OK] README
	[OK] RELEASE_NOTES: Perhaps omit the "Unreleased" part
[OK] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to
those in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
	- There are two files without headers, which could have ones:

-apache-streampipes-0.68.0-incubating/streampipes-code-generation/src/main/resources/pom

-apache-streampipes-0.68.0-incubating/streampipes-code-generation/src/main/resources/web
	- The "pom" file references a non-apache nexus repository
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references.
[OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make
sure these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
[MINOR] Build the project according to the information in the README.md
file.
	- Maven build didn't work on Java 16 (Worked with Java 11)
	- NPM build didn't work:
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer tslib@"^1.10.0" from @ctrl/ngx-codemirror@3.1.3
npm ERR! node_modules/@ctrl/ngx-codemirror
npm ERR!   @ctrl/ngx-codemirror@"3.1.3" from the root project
	  Running with "--force" seems to have made them run.

[...]

	- Actually doing a "mvn clean package" in the main project, makes it
impossible to run the same command in the extensions as the parent pom
isn't installed and it's not yet available via Maven repos.
As running "mvn install" doesn't seem to work, I had to add a
"relativepath" to the parent declaration in order to get the extensions
working

## Incubator Streampipes Installer

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the
release vote email.
[OK] Verify the signature is correct.
	[OK] Check if the check is successful.
	[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
[OK] Unzip the archive.
[OK] Verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README,
RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
	[OK] DISCLAIMER: Standard Disclaimer -> Strict license checking
	[OK] LICENSE
	[OK] NOTICE
	[OK] README
	[OK] RELEASE_NOTES: Perhaps omit the "Unreleased" part
[OK] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to
those in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references.
[OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make
sure these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
[SKIPPED] Build the project according to the information in the
README.md file.

## General Notes

The key used for signing is not in Apache's Ring of trust. Attending a
key-signing event with other Apache folks is recommended in order to fix
this.

In your release documentation on:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Validating+a+release
you should also mention that the existence of the DISCLAIMER should be
checked.

Also should the README.md be extended with the remark of using
"--legacy-peer-deps" which the validation page mentions.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the RM to execute the build of the
RC in an empty maven repo. I would assume that most issues I was having
a normal Streampipes developer wouldn't have run into.

Posted by Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam <mo...@gmail.com>.
Dear Devs,

I have verified the below.

Posted by Grainier Perera <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi devs,

I've also checked:

[ok] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release
vote email
[ok] Verify the signature is correct
[ok] Check if the signature references an Apache email address
[ok] Verify the SHA512 checksum
[ok] Unzip the archive
[ok] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES,
RELEASE_VALIDATION files in the extracted source bundle.
[ok] Run RAT
[ok] Search for SNAPSHOT dependencies
[ok] Build Backend (core)
[ok] Build UI
[ok] Build Extensions
[ok] Build and Run Test system on Docker
[ok] Installed some pipeline elements and tested several pipelines based on
Pure JVM.

Hence, +1.

Regards,
Grainier Perera.

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi,
this vote has now closed. I'll post the results soon in another thread.

Dominik

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi,
thanks for everyone who has voted so far!

We are missing two more IPMC-binding votes - it would be great if some of our mentors would find some time to review our release candidate. Otherwise I would close this vote shortly and ask for additional votes on the Incubator list.

Cheers

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1

I checked:
[ok] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email
[ok] Verify the signature is correct
[ok] Check if the signature references an Apache email address
[ok] Verify the SHA512 checksum
[ok] Unzip the archive
[ok] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES, RELEASE_VALIDATION files in the extracted source bundle.
[ok] Run RAT
[ok] Search for SNAPSHOT dependencies
[ok] Build Backend (core)
[ok] Build UI