Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roel Croonenberghs <Ro...@sofico.be> on 2006/08/09 10:08:26 UTC

cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar

Hello,

I'm trying to implement teh authentication in cocoon.
therefore I'm looking for the cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar file
because it is not in my lib folder..
Can anybody send it? or do you know where i can download it? I downloaded
cocoon-2.1.9-src.zip from http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi but I don't
find the jar file in that .zip.

thank you

Re: cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
Hi,

On Aug 9, 2006, at 1:08 AM, Roel Croonenberghs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to implement teh authentication in cocoon.
> therefore I'm looking for the cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar file
> because it is not in my lib folder..
> Can anybody send it? or do you know where i can download it?

You build it.  This is the easiest way, because you automatically get
everything you need — that includes a little more than just the jar.

> I downloaded cocoon-2.1.9-src.zip from
> http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi but I don't find the jar file in
> that .zip.

Right, you won't find *any* of the cocoon-*.jar in the source release
(which is the only kind of release in Cocoon 2.1.*).

Building Cocoon is simple... it involves tweaking a file or two to set
up the build the way you want it, and then running a script.  One of
the build properties files controls which "blocks" get built, and your
Cocoon was built without the "authentication-fw" block included.

Do you have access to the unzipped distribution area from which your
Cocoon was built?

—ml—