Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin W. Gagel" <ga...@cnc.bc.ca> on 2007/06/07 19:18:36 UTC

A bit off topic for spamassassin but whats up with rulesemporium.com?

I'm not able to get to www.rulesemporium.com, what's up there? Any one
know?

=================================
Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Information Technology Services
(250) 562-2131 local 448
My Blog:
http://mail.cnc.bc.ca/blogs/gagel

The College of New Caledonia, Visit us at http://www.cnc.bc.ca
Virus scanning is done on all incoming and outgoing email.
Anti-spam information for CNC can be found at http://avas.cnc.bc.ca

Re: A bit off topic for spamassassin but whats up with rulesemporium.com?

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
At 10:18 07-06-2007, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:
>I'm not able to get to www.rulesemporium.com, what's up there? Any one
>know?

It's a denial of service.

The thread starts here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200706.mbox/browser

Regards,
-sm

Re: A bit off topic for spamassassin but whats up with rulesemporium.com?

Posted by Joe Zitnik <JZ...@hfcc.net>.
>>> On 6/7/2007 at 1:45 PM, Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>
wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:41:49 +0100, Nigel Frankcom
<ni...@blue-canoe.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:26:59 +0200, arni <ma...@arni.name> wrote:
>
>>Kevin W. Gagel schrieb:
>>> I'm not able to get to www.rulesemporium.com, what's up there? Any
one
>>> know?
>>>
>>Do you read also or just write?
>

>rulesemporium is under suspected DDOD. They have requested that all
>users suspend automated downloads until further notice.
>
>KR
>
>Nigel

That would be DDOS.... it's been a long day

Although I would imagine a Distributed Department of Defense attack
would be equally as damaging.

Re: A bit off topic for spamassassin but whats up with rulesemporium.com?

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:41:49 +0100, Nigel Frankcom
><ni...@blue-canoe.net> wrote:
>
> >rulesemporium is under suspected DDOD. They have requested that all
> >users suspend automated downloads until further notice.
> >
> >KR
> >
> >Nigel
>
>That would be DDOS.... it's been a long day

Thank God it's not DDOD, I need my drugs. ;)

Gary V

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07

Re: A bit off topic for spamassassin but whats up with rulesemporium.com?

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.

Posted by arni <ma...@arni.name>.