Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Karolis Petrauskas <k....@gmail.com> on 2010/06/19 01:19:24 UTC

Incorrect response for invoke

Hi all,

   I encountered a problem with the invoke activity in the case, when
the target service returns a bad response. In my case "bad" message
was valid XML and valid element according to service schema, but root
element does not matches the definition of corresponding message. For
example, if correct messages are
for request: <a xmlns="some"/>
for response: <aResponse xmlns="some"/>
and the target service returns response "<a xmlns="some"/>" instead of
"<aResponse xmlns="some"/>", then ode reports no error, but output
variable is initialized not properly, i.e. it has no part (Output
variable is of message type).
    In production this is not a problem, as there responses are
usually valid, but when developing tests, errors like this is hard to
find. So, is this a bug or intended behavior? I'm using ode version
1.3.4, JBI distribution (in servicemix 3.3.1).

Regards,
Karolis Petrauskas