Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/28 01:40:42 UTC

Re: [maven/intellij] Still fighting Maven and/or IntelliJ

Dave,
are you still fighting? :)
Sorry, I thought you working in local copy only.
Unfortunately, intellij usually looks first for module dependency. If you
try to remove xwork-core from module dependency you can't debug xwork-core.
I find out a workaround, it allows to compile and debug without any side
effects.

Create a new project library (file -> project structure -> libraries -> add
new library) that point to
your_repository_path/org/apache/struts/xwork/xwork-core/2.2.2-SNAPSHOT/xwork-core-2.2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
(this is the only place where idea can find out the shaded classes).
Then add project library in every module that already contains xwork-core
module dependency.
If you try to compile now idea should be able to do. You'll also able to
debug the xwork-core (except for common.lang part).

I hope I have explained it well.

Maurizio Cucchiara

PS: when you edit xwork source, remember to launch mvn install in xwork dir
to upgrade repository version.

Re: [maven/intellij] Still fighting Maven and/or IntelliJ

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
This is what I ended up doing, actually--I couldn't figure anything else
out, so finally just gave up :)