Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2002/03/01 21:11:12 UTC

Re: {PATCH] Enhanced JNDI realm

Hi John,

I'm glad to see that you have come up with a patch for JNDIRealm which
allows users to be authenticated by a bind instead of having to query for a
password.

One thing that I'm wondering about though, with regard to your
implementation, do you have to use groups? Or, can you specify a filter in
order to determine which users are authorized? The reason why I'm curious is
that I want to use JNDIRealm against our University-wide LDAP server.
However, I don't have the ability to create groups in the directory. It
would be nice if you could just specify a filter.

Also, would it be possible to integrate SSL/TLS support in as well?

Jon