Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@Hammant.org> on 2004/10/08 06:42:34 UTC

Words forked...

Lads,

Rev 1.3 of a doc that (to that point) was entirely my own work, I have
taken for use elsewhere. I assert myself as original copyright holder,
given this existed on my C:/ drive before I committed it. Apache has
seen this precident before. Rev 1.4 committed typos corrections from
another, and thus is entangled copyright.

See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon/src/xdocs/framework/Attic/separation-of-interface-and-implementation.xml?hideattic=0

Regards,

- Paul

Re: Words forked...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 08 October 2004 12:42, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Lads,
>
> Rev 1.3 of a doc that (to that point) was entirely my own work, I have
> taken for use elsewhere. I assert myself as original copyright holder,
> given this existed on my C:/ drive before I committed it. Apache has
> seen this precident before. Rev 1.4 committed typos corrections from
> another, and thus is entangled copyright.

According to ASL2.0, any changes (Derivative Work) contributed back and
applied to Original Work will become part of the Original Work, and the
Copyright owner of the original work will remain. I.e. any changes made to
the document by others still belongs to you :o)
(I have not checked ASL1.1, but I guess it is roughly the same.)

Cheers
Niclas

--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /