Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com> on 2010/04/29 19:56:03 UTC

qpid-r939184-jasan make check

  Hi there!

There are only Valgrind errors that I see and Gordon says they are
merely SASL-related. Should I send a bug-report to cyrus-sasl to make
it clean or should those error be added as exceptions? I would like to
spread the word about qpid and to encourage people from community to
compile it and give it a try. If some of them have valgrind installed
they could be surprised that the tests fail...

http://www.x31.com/~jasan/qpid/qpid-makecheck-r939184.log
http://www.x31.com/~jasan/qpid/qpid-r939184.diff

  - the diff contains little tweaks I need to do to make
    snapshot nicer and to make it compile at all on Rawhide

  Best regards, Ján

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: cluster_read_credit

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 05/04/2010 07:47 AM, Ján Sáreník wrote:
> Hi Alan!
>
> On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 10:33:34AM -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
>> Please create a JIRA with this info and assign it to me, I'll look into it.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2532 assigned.

I'm not able to reproduce this with r939184 on RHEL5. Do you have a machine
where you can reproduce it easily? I'd like to check the cluster*.log files and
core file if any. The symptoms suggest that one of the brokers crashed.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: cluster_read_credit

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi Alan!

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 10:33:34AM -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> Please create a JIRA with this info and assign it to me, I'll look into it.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2532 assigned.

  Thanks, Ján

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: cluster_read_credit

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi Alan!

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 10:33:34AM -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 07:56:02PM +0200, Ján Sáreník wrote:
> >>There are only Valgrind errors that I see and Gordon says they are
> >>merely SASL-related. Should I send a bug-report to cyrus-sasl to make
> >>it clean or should those error be added as exceptions? I would like to
> >>spread the word about qpid and to encourage people from community to
> >>compile it and give it a try. If some of them have valgrind installed
> >>they could be surprised that the tests fail...
>
> What OS & versions (incl. cyrus-sasl version) are you seeing this
> on? We should check if these are really cyrus bugs, if so ignore
> them, or if qpid is not doing its part to clean up some memory
> allocated by cyrus.

These Valgrind errors can be seen as part of log attached to
mentioned https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2552

It is on Fedora Rawhide x86_64
cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-12.fc14.x86_64 (in use since 12th Apr)
boost-1.41.0-8.fc14.x86_64
valgrind-3.5.0-16.fc14.x86_64

I understand this is pretty bleeding-edge, but working hard to find
bugs which can have some connection to exact-vacuum-RHEL5 build-environment
is IMHO worthy so I can give feed-back to people with recent (and even
non-RHEL or Fedora) distributions.

And I want to make sure the tests run in such environments as well because
I believe there will be better progress if more people run 'make check'
on current qpid source, whatever distro it is on... you know there are
projects which just compile.

> >SNIP
> >Alan, you have a log entry for cluster_read_credit file, do you
> >have an idea how to fix it?
> >

> Please create a JIRA with this info and assign it to me, I'll look into it.

Will do that soon.

I hope this kind of testing which I do will help the overall qpid
stability and usability. If you think otherwise, please give me
feedback as I was just sending compile logs (which I was kindly
asked to send at the end of build error output) so far.

If it helps, I can set up an automated build every night (our CEST TZ)
which will send out (or copy somewhere) the logs in case it exits
with error...

    HTH

Re: cluster_read_credit

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

cluster_read_credit (was: qpid-r939184-jasan make check)

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi again!

--
Red Hat Czech, MRG Quality Engineering