Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Werner Gaulke <We...@Gaulke.net> on 2007/07/02 10:08:48 UTC

Axis 1.3, GZip, CommonHTTPSender - Service Invocation not possible

Hello there,

I have a problem, that plagues me now for a while and I did not find any
solution - I hope you could help me.

The situation: A Axis Web Service on Tomcat 5.5 which is configured to
handle gzip request (in server.xml).
I have a client stub, that uses this web service. I modified the client
with help of the wiki entry
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/GzipCompression
I added the client-config.wsdd and
-Daxis.ClientConfigFile=client-config.wsdd to the eclipse launch
configuration - the wsdd is recognized as I get an error if I delete it.
The commonshttp jar is added in my library.

The Problem now is: If the client-config.wsdd is in correct place and
recognized, the client is not able to make any connection. This happens
also if I use the default httpSender.
With no connection I mean: There is no request send at all - tcpmonitor
shows just nothing!
If I delete the client-config.wsdd and the launch parameter everything
works as ususal - service works and data is transferred, which is shown
by TcpMon.

Have you encountered a similar problem or do you have any tips?
Thank you for your help
WG