Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wendt <Mi...@hsh-berlin.com> on 2010/10/25 12:51:34 UTC

IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

Hi, sorry please, this is my first contribution here and I'm no
developer.
	Sorry please also for my bad english, I hope you can understand
my problem.

OS= Windows 2008 R2 - IPv6 is activ
i have a standard installation Tomcat 5.5.29 + Apache 2.2.14 + mod_jk
1.2.30.
Java-version 1.6.0_16 32bit
tcnative-1.dll 1.1.20

mod_jk passes in all request in Tomcat
my configuration from mod_jk is correct, I have the same installation
already many
paints carried out of other systems (win2003).

connect http://localhost:8080/mycontext is go
no connect http://localhost/mycontext
no connect from a other host with http://mywebserver:8080/mycontext or
http://mywebserver/mycontext

Supplement: I have the same behavior with 64bit-version from Java

Workaround:
I have the file tcnative-1.dll deleted an the Tomcatservive restarted.
Now I can already connecting.

I have read in the bug list, the developers have worked in an earlier
version of the file tcnative-1.dll on this problem. Is it possible that
the problem is not repaired with IPv6 yet?

greetings
Michael

RE: AW: IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Michael Wendt [mailto:Michael.Wendt@hsh-berlin.com]
> Subject: AW: AW: IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

> The second step
> < mod_jk supports only IPV4 >
> How and where can I do this.

Mladen already told you:

> > <Connector port="8009"
> >            enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

> > Try adding address="your.host.ip.address"

Doc reference:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html

 -Chuck

AW: AW: IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

Posted by Michael Wendt <Mi...@hsh-berlin.com>.
Hi Mladen,

I 've understand the firt step.
The second step
< mod_jk supports only IPV4 >
How and where can I do this.

Thank' for your help

Regards
Michael Wendt

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

--
^TM

AW: IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

Posted by Michael Wendt <Mi...@hsh-berlin.com>.
Hi Pid,

Thanks for your response.

This ist the content of my server.xml. The file is complete standard file.

Server.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"/>

  <GlobalNamingResources>
  <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>

              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>

</Server>

Greetings
Michael

On 25/10/2010 11:51, Michael Wendt wrote:
> Hi, sorry please, this is my first contribution here and I'm no
> developer.
> 	Sorry please also for my bad english, I hope you can understand my
> problem.
>

> OS= Windows 2008 R2 - IPv6 is activ
> i have a standard installation Tomcat 5.5.29 + Apache 2.2.14 + mod_jk
> 1.2.30.
> Java-version 1.6.0_16 32bit
> tcnative-1.dll 1.1.20
>
> mod_jk passes in all request in Tomcat my configuration from mod_jk is
> correct, I have the same installation already many paints carried out
> of other systems (win2003).
>
> connect http://localhost:8080/mycontext is go no connect
> http://localhost/mycontext no connect from a other host with
> http://mywebserver:8080/mycontext or http://mywebserver/mycontext

Please remove all of the comments (and any passwords) from server.xml and post the result inline in a reply.

Re: IPV6 problem with tcnative-1.dll: unable to connect from other host

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.