Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by dongeforever <10...@qq.com> on 2017/01/16 09:39:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing a few versions supporting essential JMS features for Sub-project RocketMQ-JMS

Rename the subject for discussion.

Supporting JMS totally may take a long time.
It is free to start a branch for fully implementation.
Concurrently, we'd better release earlier versions to get some benefits:
1. support urgent users as quickly as possible
2. collect feedbacks from early users

And please let me know your thoughts.

From:  "zhangke";<zh...@foxmail.com>;
Date:  Sat, Jan 14, 2017 10:25 AM
To:  "dev"<de...@rocketmq.incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Sub-project named RocketMQ-JMS has been started

Hi folks,

    We have started a sub-project of RMQ named RocketMQ-JMS at the address https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms. Our target is to support JMS2.0 Specification using RMQ as a JMS Provider.  JMS is a protocol used widely in java world, providing another low latency and high available implement is a valuable and exciting thing.

    As there a implement following parts of JMS1.1 Spec has been running stably in production environment for about a year, we decide to evolve upon that version in the beginning. But along with going deep into more JMS 2.0 details, we have divergent opinion about releasing a few versions supporting essential JMS features earlier or releasing a milestone version supporting protocol fully.  We already have a small discussion in github issue: https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/issues/1 . I really appreciate  you could give us some opinions.

     Thanks!

     Rick Zhang
     Architect
     ThoughtWorks

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing a few versions supporting essential JMSfeatures for Sub-project RocketMQ-JMS

Posted by 张轲 <zh...@gmail.com>.
sorry, the ISSUE link seems missing. The complete url:

回复: [DISCUSS] Releasing a few versions supporting essential JMSfeatures for Sub-project RocketMQ-JMS

Posted by zhangke <zh...@foxmail.com>.
Hi Willem,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.