Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Lloyd <sv...@earthlink.net> on 2004/07/29 01:33:28 UTC

(job) Java - San Francisco - contract to hire

Please send resumes to dlloyd@itascent.com

Contract to hire (or long-term consulting) so work authorization is a
criteria.

3 different roles, with a financial institution in San Francisco.

J2EE Developers

to work on high-transaction online application for customer service agents.

Desirable candidates should have at least 5 years Java experience and 3
years J2EE experience working with web applications based on MVC frameworks
like struts.

Must have Oracle and PL/SQL background.

Successful candidates will be those whom demonstrate strong skills in:

Core Java, Servlets, JDBC, XML including JAXP and JAXB.

Struts with XSL presentation and Enterprise patterns like business objects
and data access objects.

Oracle 8/9i, PL/SQL, SQL, and Object/Relational Databases.

Ant, log4j, JUnit, HttpUnit and CVS or Clearcase.

Web services, XSL and DHTML as a plus

Sr. Java and Oracle PL/SQL Back-End Batch Processor Developer

Must-Have Skills:

Need batch and database experts: Java (not J2EE but core Java skills) JDBC,
Multi-Threading

Very heavy Oracle JDBC Programming & PL/SQL, performance tuning using SQL
trace, TKPROF and explain plan

Database side is Oracle, PL/SQL and SQL knowledge.

Oracle 9i a big plus but you must understand database technology.

Must have strong background with large transactions volumes & high
availability.

Must be a senior person who can make their own decisions and work
independently

Java/MQ Series

Our Software Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed,
senior Java developer to develop and maintain bank's message center.  The
work involves a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
(SDLC), architectural design/patterns, system integration, and Java
programming in a multi-tiered UNIX/NT environment.

This candidate will participate in all phases of the software development
life cycle - requirements analysis, development, testing, and
implementation.  The responsibilities of this position will involve:

*	Lead or contribute to architecture / technical design discussions
*	Lead or contribute to code reviews and technical
design/specifications
*	Lead or contribute to development of custom code
*	Documenting design ideas using architecture and design templates and

*	Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
*	Create, maintain, and present technical documentation to different
audiences and levels
*	Perform technical assessments and sizing
*	Work with and coordinate activities with other development,
architecture, and product development teams
*	Work with 3rd party vendor on technical design/specifications,
development, testing and deployment to ensure the product meets the bank's
requirements

The successful candidate:

*	Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork,
collaboration, and open communication.
*	Be able to effectively work with senior architects, systems
engineers, and product development.
*	Embrace process and willing to utilize software development
lifecycle methodology and best practice
*	Be able to articulate and document his/her ideas.
*	Must be able to interpret and translate complex business
requirements into clear technical solutions and specifications.
*	Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with
design and development best practices.
*	Have a true passion for excellence in his/work work, is
detailed-oriented, thorough, and follows through on commitments.

Minimum Requirements:

Qualifications:

Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or
Statistics required

10+ years programming experience - 5+ years Java development

Strong hands-on expertise in system integration with 3rd party products,
Java, Relational Database programming (Oracle 8 & 9i), MQ series and Web
Services

Experience with financial systems and working with large complex systems
preferred

Required Skills:

Hands-on expertise with Object-Oriented Design and Development, JAVA, XML,
Struts framework, Web Logic, MQ Series, Web Services, JDBC, PL/SQL,
multi-threading, and relational databases (Oracle preferred)

Experience in working with Vendors on 3rd party products

Experience in using various software configuration management tools (
ClearCase)

Experience with design patterns

Experience with UML design and experience using modeling tools

Willingness to mentor, have strong analytical, technical documentation, and
communication skills.  Able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment.

Experience leading development teams through large, complex
system/application development preferred.

Experience using RUP a plus

Excellent communication skill (both verbal and written)

Re: (job) Java - San Francisco - contract to hire

Posted by Shiva Narayana <sh...@gmail.com>.

--
Regards
Shiva

Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

Posted by pu...@tcs.com.
Thanks for the help..yes it works that way...!!!

Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Jurn Ho <ju...@magicmonster.com>
07/29/2004 07:06 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

Hi Puneet,

I was just playing with hiding JSP beneath WEB-INF/ and Modules today.

What you can do is edit your struts-module-config.xml
and as part of the <controller> you can add the forwardPattern property

e.g. My setup is  <set-property property="forwardPattern"
value="/WEB-INF/jsp$M$P"/>, so that my forward paths don't contain the
WEB-INF/jsp

read section 5.2.1 at
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html
$M is module, and $P is path
By default it is "$M$P" like you have found out, but you're probably after
$P.

I think you might need to add this to each struts module config.xml that
you do. Does anyone know if you can set default controller properties for
all modules-config.xml?

cya,
Jurn

At 04:48 PM 29/07/2004, puneet.a@tcs.com wrote:

>I want to do both "hide my JSPs behind WEB-INF" and use "Struts modules".
>
>and this does not work, I looked into the struts code. it does the
following

>If the path of ActionForward starts with "/", it obtains the module
prefix
>and prefixes this to the path so...
>If my path was say "/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it becomes
>"/iny/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
>( which is unwanted......I wanted..."/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" )
>

>but if the path of ActionForward does not start with "/", it leaves the
>path as it is ( i.e. does not prefix the module-prefix)
>but then the requested URI becomes like this
>
>http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root><ActionForward-path>
>
>instead of
>
>http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>/<ActionForward-path>
>
>so the problem is there is no slash - "/" before "<ActionForward-path>"
>
>so if my path was "WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it searches for
>"http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
>which gives error...Can anyone suggest the way out..?
>
>or does this require a fix ? only a Quick resolution of this will be able

>help.
>
>Regards,
>Puneet Agarwal
>Tata Consultancy Services
>Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
>Website: http://www.tcs.com

ForwardSourceID:NT00003BD2

Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

Posted by Jurn Ho <ju...@magicmonster.com>.
Hi Puneet,

I was just playing with hiding JSP beneath WEB-INF/ and Modules today.

What you can do is edit your struts-module-config.xml
and as part of the <controller> you can add the forwardPattern property

e.g. My setup is  <set-property property="forwardPattern"
value="/WEB-INF/jsp$M$P"/>, so that my forward paths don't contain the
WEB-INF/jsp

read section 5.2.1 at http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html
$M is module, and $P is path
By default it is "$M$P" like you have found out, but you're probably after $P.

I think you might need to add this to each struts module config.xml that
you do. Does anyone know if you can set default controller properties for
all modules-config.xml?

cya,
Jurn

At 04:48 PM 29/07/2004, puneet.a@tcs.com wrote:

>I want to do both "hide my JSPs behind WEB-INF" and use "Struts modules".
>
>and this does not work, I looked into the struts code. it does the following
>
>If the path of ActionForward starts with "/", it obtains the module prefix
>and prefixes this to the path so...
>If my path was say "/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it becomes
>"/iny/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
>( which is unwanted......I wanted..."/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" )
>

>but if the path of ActionForward does not start with "/", it leaves the
>path as it is ( i.e. does not prefix the module-prefix)
>but then the requested URI becomes like this
>
>http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root><ActionForward-path>
>
>instead of
>
>http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>/<ActionForward-path>
>
>so the problem is there is no slash - "/" before "<ActionForward-path>"
>
>so if my path was "WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it searches for
>"http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
>which gives error...Can anyone suggest the way out..?
>
>or does this require a fix ? only a Quick resolution of this will be able
>help.
>
>Regards,
>Puneet Agarwal
>Tata Consultancy Services
>Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
>Website: http://www.tcs.com

Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

Posted by pu...@tcs.com.
Thanks Erik, this can actually be very useful. (I haven't tried it yet...)

Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>
07/29/2004 12:44 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

I don't have the exact fix you are looking for, but this (in web.xml)
will prevent direct access to anything with a jsp extension:

<security-constraint>
                 <web-resource-collection>
 <web-resource-name>no_access</web-resource-name>
                                 <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
                 </web-resource-collection>
                 <auth-constraint/>
</security-constraint>

Erik

puneet.a@tcs.com wrote:

> I want to do both "hide my JSPs behind WEB-INF" and use "Struts
modules".

> and this does not work, I looked into the struts code. it does the
> following
>
> If the path of ActionForward starts with "/", it obtains the module
> prefix and prefixes this to the path so...
> If my path was say "/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it becomes
> "/iny/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
> ( which is unwanted......I wanted..."/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" )
>

> but if the path of ActionForward does not start with "/", it leaves
> the path as it is ( i.e. does not prefix the module-prefix)
> but then the requested URI becomes like this
>
> http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root><ActionForward-path>
>
> instead of
>
> http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>/<ActionForward-path>
>
> so the problem is there is no slash - "/" before "<ActionForward-path>"
>
> so if my path was "WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it searches for
> "http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
> which gives error...Can anyone suggest the way out..?
>
> or does this require a fix ? only a Quick resolution of this will be
> able help.
>
> Regards,
> Puneet Agarwal
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
> Website: http://www.tcs.com

>DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only
and solely for the addressed individual or entity indicated in this
message and for the exclusive use of the said addressed individual or
entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
>of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information belonging to Tata Consultancy Services. It must
not be printed, read, copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used
(in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the
>addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited
and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly attract legal action,
civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message need not necessarily
reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services
>on any subject matter. Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on
this message is entirely at your risk and neither the originator of this
message nor Tata Consultancy Services takes any responsibility or
liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other
>information contained in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Tata Consultancy Services shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services or any affiliate of Tata
Consultancy Services. If you have received this message in error,
>you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by
e-mail. Thank you.

ForwardSourceID:NT00003AEE

Re: Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.

Posted by Kishore Senji <ks...@gmail.com>.
There are two solutions to this problem.

1) Setting contextRelative="true" for every forward.
(If you do that, then the path will be intrepreted as context relative
instead of module relative)

2) Using forwardPattern of controller
The default is $M$P
meaning the path is prepended with the prefix of the module.

If you use forwardPattern like the one below, then the module prefix
won't be prepended
<controller forwardPattern="$P"/>

or
you can use
<controller forwardPattern="/WEB-INF$P"/>
to save some typing.

P.S: forwardPattern only applies if you haven't set
contextRelative="true" for a forward.

Thanks,
Kishore Senji.