Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/11 20:24:22 UTC

Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Hello users,

I am running hadoop in my windows laptop using linux virtual machine.Since
every Hadoop daemon is running in one machine I have no problem running
hadoop jar command and then submittng the job and everything works fine.

But, I think when hadoop is running in multiple nodes submitting a job
would be different. My understanding is that I have to remote connect to
one of the node ex. any datanode not necessary JobTracker and then copy the
job jar to a location, cd to hadoop bin and then fire up the console and
then run the hadoop jar command.

Is this how to submit a hadoop job in a cluster or is there any other way
to submit a job .
Basically, I have never used a cluster so am having this doubt

Advanced thanks

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Which doesn't imply that you should log yourself to the physical machine
where the JobTracker is hosted. It only implies that the hadoop client must
be able to reach the JobTracker. It could be from any physical machines
hosting the slaves (DataNode, Tasktracker) but it is rarely the case.
Often, job are submitted from a machine which doesn't belong to the cluster
but can reach every machine of it.

Regards

Bertrand

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
nope

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
nope

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
nope

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
nope

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
@shashwat shriparv

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
@shashwat shriparv

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
@shashwat shriparv

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
@shashwat shriparv

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you do not need to get inside the cluster to submit the job

normally if you want to copy the jar then hadoop admins setup a gateway or
UI to copy your jars to hdfs
if you just want to run your jar using the hadoop command,
then just point your hadoop conf to the cluster job tracker and then it
should be able to submit job to the cluster.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Shashidhar Rao <raoshashidhar123@gmail.com

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar