Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Deepak Batra <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/04 19:03:15 UTC

Turning Turbine Security off alltogether

Is it doable?

If not how do we resolve the issue of new user creation without being logged in? I want new user to be able to sign up without logging in.

Deepak

Re: Turning Turbine Security off alltogether

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Deepak Batra <de...@yahoo.com> writes:

>--0-1888208527-1062694995=:74635

>Is it doable?
>
>If not how do we resolve the issue of new user creation without being logged in? I want new user to be able to sign up without logging in.

Yes. Use PassiveUserManager with DBSecurityService and don't use any of
the xxxSecureSessionValidators.

	Regards
		Henning

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)

Re: Turning Turbine Security off alltogether

Posted by Michal Frackowiak <mi...@fotoforum.pl>.
Deepak Batra wrote:

>Is it doable?
>
>If not how do we resolve the issue of new user creation without being logged in? I want new user to be able to sign up without logging in.
>
>Deepak

and where is the problem? in my app users can freely register, with
email verification etc. no tricks in the code. perhaps your code is not
valid...

regards - michal

Re: Turning Turbine Security off alltogether

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Matt Hughes <mh...@uvic.ca> writes:

>Deepak Batra writes:
> > I am not extending the Turbine_USER. I just don't want turbine to ask me to login first before I can do anything else. I don't want turbine to ask me to login at all actually (no turbine security).
> >

>To avoid the need to login, extend VelocityScreen instead of
>VelocitySecureScreen or SecureScreen.

>It's the isAuthorized() implementation in SecureScreen that redirects
>users who aren't logged in to the login screen.

No, wrong. It's the TemplateSecureSessionValidator which does this. Don't
use a xxxSecureSessionValidator. Use TemplateSessionValidator.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Deepak Batra <de...@yahoo.com>.
Great. Thx.