Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/25 16:28:35 UTC

URLInputSource problems

I have been trying to use the URLInputSource (Xerces 1.5.1) to retrieve data
from a servlet.  The URL contains query information that the servlet uses to
determine whta data to send back.  The servlet is reporting that the query
information is null and does not return any data whenever I run my program.
If I point the URL to say, www.cnet.com, I can retrieve that page.  Also, if
I point the browser to the page, I see the XML that I asked for.

I searched through the mail archives and thread that addressed these issues.
  Here is the link.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=97747741501234&w=2

It mentions that there was a patch.  Has it been applied or released or am I
doing something wrong?  Here is my code:

    XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

    XMLURL
fails("http://my.url.com:8080/XmlServlet/XmlServlet?query=somthing");
    XMLURL works("http://www.cnet.com/");

    URLInputSource url(fails);
    BinInputStream* input = url.makeStream();

    XMLByte data[48 * 1024];
    for(int i=0; i< 48 * 1024;i++)
    {
        data[i] = '\0';
    }

    if(input != NULL)
    {
        input->readBytes(data, 48 * 1024);
        cout << data;
    }

    XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate();

Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeremy Ford