Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2015/12/10 21:38:32 UTC

[BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News, December 10th, is out!

Hi everybody!

The CouchDB Weekly News: http://blog.couchdb.org/2015/12/10/couchdb-weekly-news-december-10-2015/ <http://blog.couchdb.org/2015/12/10/couchdb-weekly-news-december-10-2015/>
Releases:
Ember CLI Deploy plugin for CouchDB
Article:
How To Migrate from Iris Couch to IBM Cloudant
Offline Web Applications with CouchDB, PouchDB and Ember CLI
Events, open positions for CouchDB enthusiasts
Plenty of reads to relax over the weekend!
Thanks to Andy and Mike for submitting great contents!

You're welcome to share the news in the social networks of your choice and help us promote CouchDB:
https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/675051665255505920 <https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/675051665255505920>
https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/TZMFVz8fbLQ <https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/TZMFVz8fbLQ>
https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/UB3zG4janus <https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/UB3zG4janus>
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=713793408652886&id=507603582605204 <https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=713793408652886&id=507603582605204>
https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb/comments?topic=6080816383355027456&type=U&scope=5242010&stype=C&a=IxtP <https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb/comments?topic=6080816383355027456&type=U&scope=5242010&stype=C&a=IxtP>
https://redd.it/3w9vhb

https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/672522559519244288?lang=en <https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/672522559519244288?lang=en>
https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb/comments?topic=6078291778346192896&type=U&scope=5242010&stype=C&a=j4dz <https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb/comments?topic=6078291778346192896&type=U&scope=5242010&stype=C&a=j4dz>
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=711679418864285&id=507603582605204 <https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=711679418864285&id=507603582605204>
https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/8YiC3bCp3yW <https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/8YiC3bCp3yW>
https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/h7ifTRWsHbj <https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/h7ifTRWsHbj>
https://redd.it/3vbwt8 <https://redd.it/3vbwt8>

Thank you all for your support!
Katharina

CouchDB crash during view access

Posted by Daryl Collins <D....@f5.com>.
Hello all,

Apologies if I get anything wrong here; this is my first post to the
CouchDB list :)

I created a JIRA issue for CouchDB:

Describing an issue that we are experiencing where CouchDB crashes at
least once a week, sometimes as many as 3 times per week, in our
production environment.

I embedded links to 5 CouchDB logs, from different crashes we experienced
in the JIRA issue.  Our CouchDB instance serves up thousands to hundreds
of thousands of requests a day to the same views that are listed in the
crash logs without issue, but every once-in-a-while the CouchDB log
process appears to crash, which brings our entire application down.

The bug appears to be related to the bug experienced in this issue:

Which was filed 2 years ago and never resolved.

This issue is causing serious stability problems for our environment; has
anybody seen this problem before, or have any ideas on how we could
attempt to resolve it?

Best Regards,
Daryl Collins