Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2009/08/08 15:35:53 UTC

[lang] Getting involved

Hi gang,

is anybody fine with me getting involved with lang? I'd like to start with
committing LANG-497, a concept for Exceptions with context. We have
something like this in XStream and it is really neat to add structured
information that is not buried in plain text. Derek has provided the
implementation and unit tests and followed my ideas gained from the live
experience in XStream.

- Jörg

Re: [lang] Getting involved

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Please - get involved :)

General gameplan for a long time now has been to be a  for user's
contributions; however with 3.0 there's a lot of room for proposing
rewrites of features and killing old APIs that aren't 'right'.

Usual 'rules' - make sure there's a JIRA for anything which is a
change to functionality (ie: not style fixing/test improvements). I
tend to make a patch for anything that I want opinions on and let it
sit on the issue for a little while. There are a few meta JIRAs for
things like removing functionality that is in the JDK or is
non-desirable. That'll help with release notes :)

Hen