Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Lindell, Andrew" <An...@stercomm.com> on 2007/10/25 16:31:49 UTC

struts2 validation - wildcard mappings and the submit tag "method" parameter

The problem I'm having is getting validation to run when the wildcard
mapped method is specified in the submit tag method parameter and not in
the form tag action parameter (action-method).

Everything works fine when I set the form action param to specify the
action and method.

If the method is specified in the submit tag does it use the same format
for validation files (actionclass-alias-method).

Thanks

-Andrew

Re: struts2 validation - wildcard mappings and the submit tag "method" parameter

Posted by Igor Vlasov <vi...@mail.ru>.
use  @SkipValidation annotation for methods, which you do not need to
validate.
This affects on StrutsValidationFramework

For validate() method you must manually analyse the situation and skip its
executing.