Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Reg Clemens <re...@dwf.com> on 2008/01/08 22:51:53 UTC

[OT] Volume of mail thru SpamAssassin.

This is somewhat off topic, but I would like to be able to measure the
amount of mail that comes into my mail server each day.

I don't think that Sendmail has such an option,
But since SpamAssassin is a series of scripts, it would seem possible to
do the count there.

Has anyone done anything like this?
Any suggestions on how to do it?
Any other way to get the count?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com

Re: [OT] Volume of mail thru SpamAssassin.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Ben Lentz wrote:

>>> Has anyone done anything like this?
>>> Any suggestions on how to do it?
>>> Any other way to get the count?
>>
>> man mailstats
>
> I like mailgraph: http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/

There's also six dozen other tools out there that will graph using
rrdtool or MRTG.

A simple web search for: email statistics mrtg
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=email+statistics+mrtg&btnG=Google+Search

Or: email statistics rrdtool

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=email+statistics+rrdtool&btnG=Search

Will quickly show many of your options.

Since I use SA with the MailScanner integration, I use MailScanner-MRTG.

Re: [OT] Volume of mail thru SpamAssassin.

Posted by Ben Lentz <BL...@channing-bete.com>.

Posted by Jon Trulson <jo...@radscan.com>.
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Reg Clemens wrote:

> This is somewhat off topic, but I would like to be able to measure the
> amount of mail that comes into my mail server each day.
>
> I don't think that Sendmail has such an option,
> But since SpamAssassin is a series of scripts, it would seem possible to
> do the count there.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this?
> Any suggestions on how to do it?
> Any other way to get the count?

   man mailstats

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon@radscan.com