Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Neil Doody <ne...@interserveis.co.uk> on 2003/10/01 12:06:02 UTC

[users@httpd] FREEBSD 4.8 - MPM Worker thread support

Ive seen all the topics going round about the whole MPM worker threads
and seems everyone has the same problem as me.  I have tried the one
guys fix of restarting apache after you have started it and then it
seems to function normally with MPM worker threads.

Now is that really apache working with worker threads, or is it default
back to perchild threads and then continuing to function?  Why is this
restart necessary?

My most important question of the day is "will it ever be fixed and does
anyone know when they might be trying to fix it?".

Re: [users@httpd] FREEBSD 4.8 - MPM Worker thread support

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Neil Doody wrote:

> Ive seen all the topics going round about the whole MPM worker threads
> and seems everyone has the same problem as me.  I have tried the one
> guys fix of restarting apache after you have started it and then it
> seems to function normally with MPM worker threads.
>
> Now is that really apache working with worker threads, or is it default
> back to perchild threads and then continuing to function?  Why is this
> restart necessary?
>
> My most important question of the day is "will it ever be fixed and does
> anyone know when they might be trying to fix it?".

If you have compiled apache with "worker", then "worker" will be used.
You can't switch between mpms without recompiling.

As far as will it be fixed, in the opinion of apache developers, this is a
freebsd problem.  It will be fixed when freebsd has stable thread support.
I don't know any of the details.

Joshua.