Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com> on 2019/09/18 09:48:13 UTC

[PLEASE PARTICIPATE][AIP-11] UX phase of Airflow website

Hello!

I, Aizhamal together with Polidea team is working on a new Apache
Airflow website. We are closing the UX prototyping stage, so please
take a look at the prototype but remember that:

In the prototyping stage, we focus only on the structure of the
website (so please don't judge visuals - colors, fonts, icons, images.
We are going to work on them during the UI stage).

The copy is not ready (BTW if any of you are interested in working on
copy for the Apache Airflow website please let me know!). In the
prototype, we have for now only placeholders for texts.

You can click through the prototype but not all elements are interactive.
Here is the link: https://invis.io/YSTUZ7S98ZN

For further information please read AIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-11+Create+a+Landing+Page+for+Apache+Airflow

If you have any comments regarding this prototype, please add them by
replying to this email. Preferably till 21th September 11:00 am
(UTC+01:00).
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190921T11

Thanks!
Kamil Breguła

Re: [PLEASE PARTICIPATE][AIP-11] UX phase of Airflow website

Posted by Deng Xiaodong <xd...@gmail.com>.
Looks good! Thanks for the nice work.

I do see a few typos, but I believe this discussion is mainly for UX design so I will revisit typos only in next stage.

Regarding UX: currently “Quick Start” is put separately from “Documentation” in your design, while I think “Quick Start” should be part of the the “Documentation” (but I agree it’s good to have a big button on home page for “Quick Start”).

Thanks again!

XD

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Good job guys.

Really like the documentation page.

My opinion is that it would be better to have Case Studies as Blog Posts
instead of a separate page just like Google Cloud blog. This gives us room
to have as many case studies as we want.

jmeickle@quantopian.com - Version selector is already there above search
bar:

[image: image.png]

Posted by James Meickle <jm...@quantopian.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
I've taken a quick look and it looks like a great start!

Minor point (which is probably just an artefact of how this prototype is created): the community and quickstart pages don't have the top nav anymore.

-ash

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Great designs! I had no time to comment on it before but I really like
where it goes.

I think Roadmap is an important one and it should be at the top-level.
Projects like flink for example have it at the top level. But we have to
make sure to keep it always updated :).

J.

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [PLEASE PARTICIPATE][AIP-11] UX phase of Airflow website

Posted by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>.

Posted by raman gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Uellendall <fe...@pm.me.INVALID>.

Posted by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID>.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:38 AM Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>
wrote:

> I don't like the fact that navbar disappears when I go to QuickStart,
> especially I missed the possibility to go straight to documentation.
> I also agree with James that the timeline on "About" does not seem to
> suit very well.  Personally I miss some short note about Airflow that
> explains what is the Airflow.
>
> The page probably will be static so there's no chance for search option?
>
> Bests,
> Tomek
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 4:07 PM Shaw, Damian P. <
> damian.shaw.2@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
>
> > This is a minor nitpick that I wouldn't mention being a prototype site
> > except I do see it on live websites from time to time.
> >
> > On a Desktop when the vertical width is less than 1450px the you have to
> > start to use the horizontal scroll bar to browse the whole website. I am
> > commonly on a 1080p screen where I set the browser to fill up half the
> > horizontal space of the screen this leaves ~900px horizontally (and also
> > the site seems to move the horizontal bar by itself for a few seconds
> when
> > you resize the window).
> >
> > Damian

257-2112

Re: [PLEASE PARTICIPATE][AIP-11] UX phase of Airflow website

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>.

Posted by "Shaw, Damian P. " <da...@credit-suisse.com>.
This is a minor nitpick that I wouldn't mention being a prototype site except I do see it on live websites from time to time.

On a Desktop when the vertical width is less than 1450px the you have to start to use the horizontal scroll bar to browse the whole website. I am commonly on a 1080p screen where I set the browser to fill up half the horizontal space of the screen this leaves ~900px horizontally (and also the site seems to move the horizontal bar by itself for a few seconds when you resize the window).

Damian