Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com> on 2015/07/09 03:50:13 UTC

Eclipse Plugin does not work with AEM installed in a Context Path

Hi

I installed AEM 6.1 in the context path /aem with the -c option. Everything works fine but I cannot connect to that Repository with both the IntelliJ and the Eclipse plugin.

AEM Startup:

java -jar -Xmx1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m aem*.jar -c aem

CRX Explorer:

http://localhost:4502/aem/crx/explorer/index.jsp <http://localhost:4502/aem/crx/explorer/index.jsp>

When I try to connect the org.apache.sling.ide.jcr.RepositoryUtils.getRepositoryAddress() method fails to login and throws an DavException ‘Item not found’. Line 84 in version 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT of Impl-Vlt.

The Context Path is set to /aem/ and the port is correct.

Repository Info: RepositoryInfo [username=admin, url=http://localhost:4502/aem/]

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what the context path must look like?

Cheers - Andy Schaefer

Re: Eclipse Plugin does not work with AEM installed in a Context Path

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 18:50 -0700, Andreas Schaefer Sr. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed AEM 6.1 in the context path /aem with the -c option.
> Everything works fine but I cannot connect to that Repository with
> both the IntelliJ and the Eclipse plugin.
>
> AEM Startup:
>
> java -jar -Xmx1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m aem*.jar -c aem
>
> CRX Explorer:
>
> http://localhost:4502/aem/crx/explorer/index.jsp <
> http://localhost:4502/aem/crx/explorer/index.jsp>
>
> When I try to connect the
> org.apache.sling.ide.jcr.RepositoryUtils.getRepositoryAddress()
> method fails to login and throws an DavException ‘Item not found’.
> Line 84 in version 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT of Impl-Vlt.
>
> The Context Path is set to /aem/ and the port is correct.
>
> Repository Info: RepositoryInfo [username=admin, url=
> http://localhost:4502/aem/]
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong or what the context path must look
> like?

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I just fixed a couple of bugs related to custom context paths but I
found nothing related to your error - using the Sling launchpad. Can
you please file a Jira issue with steps to reproduce against the
default Sling launchpad?

Thanks,

Robert