Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by christian bindeballe <ot...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/09 17:39:41 UTC

form datatype locale formatting

hello,

I would appreciate any hints as to how to enhance this form definition
file. right now it reads the date from a file where it is formatted
01/09/06 (as for january the 9th 2006) and displays it as 09.01.06

the widget definiton file reads likes this (excerpt)

<fd:datatype base="date">
   <fd:convertor>
     <fd:patterns>
       <fd:pattern locale="de-DE">dd.MM.yyyy</fd:pattern>
</fd:patterns>
   </fd:convertor>
</fd:datatype>

I would like to have it formatted in the form as 09.01.2006, how do I
accomplish that? this concerns only the way the date is displayed in the
form. the data can later be written to the file as 01/09/06.

when displaying the file using xslt I would like it to be shown as
09.01.2006 again... difficult?

best regards,

christian

Re: form datatype locale formatting

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
christian bindeballe wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would appreciate any hints as to how to enhance this form definition
> file. right now it reads the date from a file where it is formatted
> 01/09/06 (as for january the 9th 2006) and displays it as 09.01.06
>
> the widget definiton file reads likes this (excerpt)
>
> <fd:datatype base="date">
>   <fd:convertor>
>     <fd:patterns>
>       <fd:pattern locale="de-DE">dd.MM.yyyy</fd:pattern>
> </fd:patterns>
>   </fd:convertor>
> </fd:datatype>
>
> I would like to have it formatted in the form as 09.01.2006, how do I
> accomplish that? this concerns only the way the date is displayed in
> the form. the data can later be written to the file as 01/09/06.
>
> when displaying the file using xslt I would like it to be shown as
> 09.01.2006 again... difficult?

You can (and should) specify different formats in the definition file
and in the template file. This is probably what you're looking for.

Sylvain